Monday, October 26, 2020

Radio BSOTS show #173 - BUCKWILD: how i spent my summer staycation...

 

All comments, questions, and general feedback can be sent to radiobsots@gmail.com.  Feel free to record a voice message and send it my way or leave one at the Speakpipe page.

You can subscribe to Radio BSOTS via the following options:
RSS feed ||| Apple Podcasts ||| Spotify ||| Google Podcasts ||| Stitcher ||| TuneIn ||| iHeartRadio

Connect with Camp Lo-Fi via social media: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

This episode's track list:

1.  Big La Vs. Todd - The Broken Construct (Intro)
2.  G&D (Georgia Anne Muldrow & Declaime) - Slave Revolt Soundtrack
3.  Amerigo Gazaway - Indivisible (CC BY 3.0)
4.  Sir Tumes - Kill The Messenger
5.  Mikal Amin - COVID-16
6.  Phresoul - Trump-Pence
7.  KRTS - If This Was Your Child
8.  C-Doc - Ain't Gettin Enough / March On, Amerika / Hard To Here (CC BY 4.0)
9.  skewbs - catch me when i fall
10. Zengineers - The Veil (Time Pipelines Pt. I)
11. Rah Digga - Angela Davis (Produced by J-Pilot) (CC BY 4.0)
12. Tha Silent Partner - Thanks A Lot (CC BY 4.0)

The Summer of 2020 (which I have been referring to as The Summer That Wasn't) definitely put me through some changes.  Being reminded of just how little Black life matters while dealing with the global health pandemic took a mental and emotional toll on me that I couldn't ignore.  This episode represents my way of dealing with it while holding onto the joy that this world (and particularly this nation) tries to steal away and claim for itself.

This one feels like a return to form.  Since it's clear that the RIAA have become the music podcast feds in 2020, my renewed interest in Creative Commons-licensed music couldn't have come at a better time.  Along with a few CC cuts in hand, I'm also going to bat for the work of good friends of mine.  There's an energy in this episode that reminds me of the excitement that I had about podcasting back when I first started.  Considering how upside down everything in the world feels to me right now, there's something reassuring about that.

ID drops courtesy of Anji Bee and Kahlief Adams.  Background music includes the following:

MUTE - Eeekin Days (CC BY 4.0)
Rest You Sleeping Giant - Withering (CC BY 4.0)
BADLUCK - Vanity (instrumental) (CC BY 4.0)

Other key info:
Macedonia on Mixcloud
BSOTS on Bondfire Radio
Radio BSOTS show #150 - A Blackout Friday Blends Session
Radio BSOTS show #169 - two weeks off from humanity...
Heat Rocks EP142: Jason Randall Smith on The Art of Noise’s “In Visible Silence” (1986)
Heat Rocks Third Year Anniversary Special

No comments:

Post a Comment